Telvy’s Note On Games & Mods
This page is devoted to the ongoing pieces of digital game related work I have done so far. Some more important than other, and some more forgettable. Here you will find a list of games and mods that I have worked on in the past. Some of them completed, some abandoned, and some merely being remains of these works be it individual levels, sound works, etc. Changes will be made and the list will be updated from time to time.
HUNT DOWN THE FREEMAN
Hunt Down The Freeman was an ambitious yet extremely controversial 3rd party source engine title I worked on from late 2017 to early 2018. I started out as a level designer making basic greybox layouts for a single level structure I was assigned to. This first greybox would be then given to another level design to be refined for a final renditionLater on I worked as a NPC Dialogue Engineer working on voice lines for individual NPCs in the game.
- grey box layout built using simplistic bsp brushes and orange/grey developer placeholder textures. Initial greybox was titled hdtf_officecomplex_03
- the final rendition with proper textures, lighting, prop meshes, etc. was completed by Quoitingmc and titled as a1c2p5
NPC Dialogue Engineer
- cut and organized individual .wav files with appropriate naming. Utilizing Source’s Faceposer tool to either automatically/manually extract the phonemes for each .wav file, then creating a specialized .vcd file used by Source to play choreography sequences in-game
- In total I have worked with 500+ lines coming from individuals being either novice voice actors to YouTube eCelebrities. Some of these YouTube eCelebrities include Pyrocynical, Angry Grandpa, I Hate Everything, Sky Williams and more
TACTICAL THOT EXTERMINATORS
TACTICAL THOT EXTERMINATORS (or TTE for short) was a comedic joke singleplayer mod for Half-Life 2 that was conceived around the very end of my work with Hunt Down The Freeman. It was intended on being a short-lived joke between some friends on an old long-gone Discord server. Eventually the mod evolved to become a full fledged overhaul mod with intricate gameplay design choices and alterations to the vanilla design of Half-Life 2. Its design premise would consist of a combination of immersive sim and tactical shooter elements with the humor and aesthetics of 2010s internet meme culture.
- designed, brushed, textured, detailed and scripts all of the mod’s earliest levels in its early states of development
- completely original levels such as tte_roastieridge_calm included custom scripted NPC movement and player interaction for a more livable environment.
- some levels were re-imaginings of levels from other games such as the first three floors of Wolfenstein 3D
- certain prototype levels contained intricate layouts and flow for varied gameplay
- Fully cut, mixed, and phoneme extracted .wav files, edited into Source engine compatible .vcd files to be played in-game
- Levels contain an organized series of input/output triggers for player interaction of various entities in the level be it NPCs, doors, buttons, etc.
(Following gameplay courtesy of Bolloxed on YouTube)
The following is a series of miscellenous pieces of work, be it for projects, prototypes, experiments, or simply for having fun. Enjoy!